Poor construction is one of the main contributors to foundation problems. If your home’s foundation is improperly framed, it can result in serious damage over time. CNT Foundations will provide a free, no-obligation estimate in North Charleston for foundation repairs if you suspect your foundation problems are caused by improper framing. Call 843-405-7022 today to make an appointment with our dedicated team of experts.
How do I know if my home was improperly framed?
When your home was built, the contractors should have tested the soil to confirm the best type of foundation framing and footing to support the weight of your home. Your foundation may settle and shift over time if the soil cannot support its weight. Improper framing with undersized lumber or over spanned beams is one of the most common causes of foundation problems and should be examined immediately by an expert. You can tell if your house was improperly framed by looking for common symptoms such as:
- Sagging or creaky floors that are caused by insufficient support
- Cracked drywall caused by shifting soil underneath your foundation’s footer or overspanned framing
- Foundation sinking or settlement due to improper footer support
- Cracked or tilting chimney caused by unseen foundation settlement
- Sticking windows and doors from your shifting foundation
Whether you are looking to repair or replace your foundation, CNT Foundations can provide the stability your home needs. Our team of experts in North Charleston is ready to examine your foundation and provide a free estimate for repairs. Call 843-405-7022 today and let CNT Foundations protect your home so you can focus on your future.